Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob

Default Highest High and Lowest Low

I have a spreadsheet with cells that update in real time. Is there a way
to monitor the highest and lowest values in these cells? I would need to
output the data to another cell so that every time the monitored cells
hit a new high or low, the other cell would be updated. Thanks

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

In the cells that displays the max and min, enter formulas like

=MAX(A1:A10)
=MIN(A1:A10)

but substitute your data range for A1:A10.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"jimbob" wrote in
message ...

I have a spreadsheet with cells that update in real time. Is there a way
to monitor the highest and lowest values in these cells? I would need to
output the data to another cell so that every time the monitored cells
hit a new high or low, the other cell would be updated. Thanks

--
jimbob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OptionTrader

jimbob

I need to do this too.

There is a way, it's been written on these boards before and involves
about 5 or 6 cells and circular references. Quite complicated if I
remember rightly. Do you think I can find it ???

Hopefully someone will know.

Just to re-state the problem;

Recording the highest and lowest value that has ever appeared in a
single cell.

TIA.

--
OptionTrader
OptionTrader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14954

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Read this entire thread:

http://tinyurl.com/l5qos

Make sure you also follow the link near the bottom of the thread where Gord
Dibben is mentioned. His suggestion is your BEST option.

Biff

"OptionTrader"
wrote in message
news:OptionTrader.24alvm_1141723501.2875@excelforu m-nospam.com...

jimbob

I need to do this too.

There is a way, it's been written on these boards before and involves
about 5 or 6 cells and circular references. Quite complicated if I
remember rightly. Do you think I can find it ???

Hopefully someone will know.

Just to re-state the problem;

Recording the highest and lowest value that has ever appeared in a
single cell.

TIA.

--
OptionTrader
OptionTrader's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=519518

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OptionTrader

Biff

I'm not too bothered about losing data, as it's only looking at daily
High - Lows values that are irrelevant the following day anyway.

It works very well, many thanks.

p.s. Not Biffer UK option trader are you per chance ?

--
OptionTrader
OptionTrader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14954
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=519518

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Not Biffer UK option trader are you per chance ?

No, not me. I'm on the other side of the pond.

Thanks for the feedback!

Biff

"OptionTrader"
wrote in message
news:OptionTrader.24cgjm_1141809900.9772@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Biff

I'm not too bothered about losing data, as it's only looking at daily
High - Lows values that are irrelevant the following day anyway.

It works very well, many thanks.

p.s. Not Biffer UK option trader are you per chance ?

--
OptionTrader
OptionTrader's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=519518

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob

I tried both methods and neither does what I want. It just updates the
cell with whatever value is in the cell I want monitored. I would
think this is an easy task.......put highest vaue for B10 in D10 and
put the lowest value for B10 in D12.