Junior Member

Default Course completion

I have a large spreadsheet with students down the rows in column A and courses listed across the row 1. When a student completes a course I match the row and column and place a c in the cell, otherwise they other columns have a u.

I would like to select one student and have it list all the courses completed and then after all the courses uncompleted. I would like this information copied to worksheet 2.

Thanks
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regb View Post
I have a large spreadsheet with students down the rows in column A and courses listed across the row 1. When a student completes a course I match the row and column and place a c in the cell, otherwise they other columns have a u.

I would like to select one student and have it list all the courses completed and then after all the courses uncompleted. I would like this information copied to worksheet 2.

Thanks
Before trying to work this out, can I ask why you need to have the information in a separate sheet? As you already have your data consolidated on on a single page, you could use conditional formatting to change the colour of the cell depending on whether it is c or u. So the conditional formatting could make the cell go green if it had c or red if it had u etc. That would give you an excellent visual representation of the state of completion go coursework for each student and the class as a whole. Would that work for you or is it necessary for you to have the data shown on a different sheet?