PAPABEAR2252

Default NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FORMULA

1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
ALL THE WAY DOWN.
2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00

THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
CONTINOUSLY

3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:37:03 -0700, PAPABEAR2252
wrote:

1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
ALL THE WAY DOWN.
2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00

THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
CONTINOUSLY

3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

Assuming total is in H1 and data starts on row 2
H1 =sum(H2:H65536)
H2--- =A2*G2

If you merely want to print the total then

Sub PrintTotal
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
Range("H1").PrintOut
End Sub

should suffice.

Incidentally use of capitals throughout is generally considered bad
practice in news groups and elsehwere.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
PAPABEAR2252

wrote:

[...]

Richard, I am very sorry for using caps, its because of my sight that I type
in caps. And thanks for your assistance in that matter, but, again its not
the right formula that I desire. its like an order sheet and each line
has a quanity and unit price. thus reading across each line, you have a
product.
Then at the end of column H, all items would be added together.
But again, thanks for your help.

papabear2252

Richard Buttrey

wrote:

[...]

Hi,

I was interpreting your requirement as follows

A G H
1 Qty Price 94
2 10 2 20
3 5 4 20
4 6 9 54
..
Have I misunderstood this? if so if you'd post an example containing a
few sets of data I'll have another go.

Sorry about the capitals comment. I fully understand.

Rgds

..
__
Richard Buttrey