Junior Member

Default Pivot Table Mapping

Hi All, first time poster so apologies if i'm a bit noob!

So my issue is this.

I have a file with huge amounts of data in, which I pivot out with a unique identifier (i'll call this code1). This data is stored in system A, and spat out into excel for me.

I now have another file from System B, which contains similar information but is now identified by another (updated) code (which i'll call code2).

So when I pivot these out respectively I end up with two seperate pivots with all the stuff I want, but no way of directly comparing whats in them without manually copy and pasting them next to each other because the 'mapping' between them only exists in a vlookup i've got. So at the moment im going code1 is "A11111"..doing a manual ctrl+f and searching the table to find "A1111 = B1111" then copy and pasting the pivot data relating to "B1111" next to "A1111".

So ideally what im looking for is to be able to compare (and eventually reconcile) the data in Pivot A to Pivot B, based on code1 from file A, equals code 2 in file B.

I realise ideally i'd do this in Access, but the end users of this data do not have access and wouldn't know how to update it if they did!

Thanks
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TesterEd View Post
[...]

Hi TesterEd,

Have you solved this yet?

If not, could you post some example data so we can make a decent attempt at helping you out?

how to create pivot table from existing pivot table in excel 2007 Udayraj Dhulekar Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 8th 13 08:22 PM
mapping table Maggie Excel Programming 3 March 15th 07 12:38 AM
reverse mapping for LOOKUP table? Kok Yong Lee Excel Worksheet Functions 6 March 29th 06 01:57 PM
Mapping one table based on another table range waynehamilton Excel Worksheet Functions 7 May 12th 05 04:37 AM
Mapping Tables.Fields from a data source to my MS Access Table Structure Mark Roach Excel Programming 0 April 9th 05 11:03 PM