Junior Member

Default Dynamic Range for Chart Source data

I have a single collumn of dates, and another single collumn of data as shown in the help file... the two columns are the source data for a scatter plot which is in another sheet... im trying to set a dynamic range that takes only the last month/30 days and updates the scatter plot so it shows only the last month. I've tried looking this up and I know I need OFFSET and COUNTA.

Heres what I have, I'm really confused:

=OFFSET('Bid List Supply Scatter Plot'!$D$2,COUNTA('Bid List Supply Scatter Plot'!$D:$D)-30,0,30). Do I paste this into x,y values for chart in source data?, thats what I've been trying to do, it either gives me an error or the one time it worked it came up with totally random dates like 1900.

I've searched everywhere I cant understand why it doesnt work

If I post the original file simplified can someone help?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad23 View Post
I have a single collumn of dates, and another single collumn of data as shown in the help file... the two columns are the source data for a scatter plot which is in another sheet... im trying to set a dynamic range that takes only the last month/30 days and updates the scatter plot so it shows only the last month. I've tried looking this up and I know I need OFFSET and COUNTA.

Heres what I have, I'm really confused:

=OFFSET('Bid List Supply Scatter Plot'!$D$2,COUNTA('Bid List Supply Scatter Plot'!$D:$D)-30,0,30). Do I paste this into x,y values for chart in source data?, thats what I've been trying to do, it either gives me an error or the one time it worked it came up with totally random dates like 1900.

I've searched everywhere I cant understand why it doesnt work

If I post the original file simplified can someone help?
Hi,

Yes, if you post the file, someone will gladly help you on this.

S.