Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Checkboxes within a list

I have a list that I created through Data Validation. However, in the
list offered, people should be able to choose multiple responses. Is
there way to include checkboxes in my data validation list? Or, better
yet, is there a smarter, easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Neel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 19/05/2012 2:50 AM, Neel wrote:
I have a list that I created through Data Validation. However, in the
list offered, people should be able to choose multiple responses. Is
there way to include checkboxes in my data validation list? Or, better
yet, is there a smarter, easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Neel.

Neel

DV can't be used in this fashion, it is more like a Combobox, so to speak.

I think what you are after is a Listbox which can be created using
Xl2010 - Developer | Insert | Form Controls

As for coding it, I can't help you with that part as it goes beyond my
level of experience and I'm not 100% sure if it is Multi-Select capable
although one of the other many guru contributors many help shed some
more light on it for you.

HTH
Mick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Vacuum Sealed was thinking very hard :
[...]

Mick,
Both ComboBox and ListBox controls can bet set to MultiSelect, and can
display checkboxes. The issue I see here is how will the OP handle the
selections?

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use multi-select in a DV list dropdown.

Requires some code.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info, code and a sample workbook.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excel-d...-multiple.html

Gord

On Fri, 18 May 2012 09:50:17 -0700 (PDT), Neel
wrote:

I have a list that I created through Data Validation. However, in the
list offered, people should be able to choose multiple responses. Is
there way to include checkboxes in my data validation list? Or, better
yet, is there a smarter, easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Neel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 18, 1:14*pm, Vacuum Sealed wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mick ... Any gurus out there? I managed to set up the listbox
but I can't figure out how to record the data that someone selects.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

once again I have learned something new.

appreciate the clarification gents.

Cheers
Mick.