Junior Member

Default Count if data falls within a range AND that has a certain criteria

Dear all,

Grateful for your advice on how to proceed with counting the no. of entries that fall within a number range AND has a certain criteria.

Eg. How can I create a formula that allows me to find out the no. of 'Yes' (column B) for values in column A between say 0 and 10.

I tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work. Appreciate any advice you have! Thanks

=SUMPRODUCT(--(SUMPRODUCT(--(range,0),--range,<=10)),--(range="yes"))

A B
1 Yes
2 No
3 Yes
14 Yes
16 Yes
18 Yes
19 Yes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 27 Apr 2012 03:33:26 +0000 schrieb LaVitaEBella:

A B
1 Yes
2 No
3 Yes
14 Yes
16 Yes
18 Yes
19 Yes

try:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000),--(A1:A100<=10),--(B1:B100="Yes"))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2