LyleB_Austin

Default get a count of numbers whose value falls within a given range

I have a series of numbers in a column. What I want to do is find out how
many of the numbers fall within a given range. For example, let's say I have
20 random numbers. I want to find out how many of the 20 are 4 and <=17.
Trevor Shuttleworth

=COUNTIF(range,""&4)-COUNTIF(range,""&17)

For example:

=COUNTIF(C24:C29,""&2)-COUNTIF(C24:C29,""&5)

Regards

Trevor

"LyleB_Austin" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers in a column. What I want to do is find out how
many of the numbers fall within a given range. For example, let's say I
have
20 random numbers. I want to find out how many of the 20 are 4 and <=17.

bj

try
=countif(Range,"<=17")-Countif(range,"4")

"LyleB_Austin" wrote:

I have a series of numbers in a column. What I want to do is find out how
many of the numbers fall within a given range. For example, let's say I have
20 random numbers. I want to find out how many of the 20 are 4 and <=17.

Ken Wright

=countif(A1:A100,"4)-countif(A1:A100,"17)

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1004),--(A1:A100<=17))

Regards

"LyleB_Austin" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers in a column. What I want to do is find out how
many of the numbers fall within a given range. For example, let's say I
have
20 random numbers. I want to find out how many of the 20 are 4 and <=17.

LyleB_Austin

Thanks all. BJ, your response was essentially correct except that the
needs to be < in the second 'countif' expression.