Junior Member

Default Applying a formula to multiple values within a single cell?

I routinely get price lists from vendors which include a range of dimensions specified in centimeters. Often they will include an entire range of dimensions in a single cell.

I need to convert these measurements into inches (rounded to 1/4 inches) when we publish the price lists - it's obviously no problem to do so when there is only a single value in a cell, but how can I do this with a formula when there are multiple values in the original cell?

For example, if an original cell includes the values 90 60 30, how can I build a formula to convert to 35.25 23.5 11.75?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecj View Post
I routinely get price lists from vendors which include a range of dimensions specified in centimeters. Often they will include an entire range of dimensions in a single cell.

I need to convert these measurements into inches (rounded to 1/4 inches) when we publish the price lists - it's obviously no problem to do so when there is only a single value in a cell, but how can I do this with a formula when there are multiple values in the original cell?

For example, if an original cell includes the values 90 60 30, how can I build a formula to convert to 35.25 23.5 11.75?
Hi,
When the multiple values are in one cell, exactly how are they laid out? With spaces between? Slashes, hyphens, dots....?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,
When the multiple values are in one cell, exactly how are they laid out? With spaces between? Slashes, hyphens, dots....?
With spaces, and then text-wrapped so that they appear to aligned in a column, but all within the same cell.