Junior Member

Default Change the colour of a cell if another named cell is blank

Hi
Really hoping someone can help, been up many hours trying to sort this.
Basically I want to know how to use conditional formatting for adjacent cells.

i.e

If cell A1 contains any text then make cell C4 blue

the above is just an example and will want to format C4 to a specified colour at a later date. Very new to vba and conditional formating so please be gentle.

:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

on 4/22/2012, LISAISAAC supposed :
Hi
Really hoping someone can help, been up many hours trying to sort
this.
Basically I want to know how to use conditional formatting for adjacent
cells.

i.e

If cell A1 contains any text then make cell C4 blue

the above is just an example and will want to format C4 to a specified
colour at a later date. Very new to vba and conditional formating so
please be gentle.

:-)

Try...

Conditional Formatting 'Formula'
=$A$1<""

Set color on the Pattern tab of the Format... dialog.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at replies to your earlier duplicate post in other news
group.

Gord