Junior Member

Arrow Formula for multiple rows of same value...

I have two tabs in a excel sheet. One tab has rows of dates (multiple rows - 10 of the same date to be exact) in which I'd like to look up a specific date and list the data that is in the next column to that date. When it finds another of the same date, use the next one...almost like using the offset formula or pivot table.

Ex
------A-----B
1----4/5---123
2----4/5---456
3----4/5---789
.
11---4/6---321
12---4/6---654
13---4/6---987
.

On the other tab is where I'd like to select the specific date and in the first row, grab the data from column B...the next row on that tab would grab the next row from the other tab, like this...

------A-----B
1----123
2----456
3----789

Does that make sense?
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Dear mslabbe-at-hotmail.com, Good Evening.

I did an example to you.
It´s attached.

Take a look and tell me if it worked for you.
There are only simple formulas on it.

Have a nice day.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Last edited by Mazzaropi : April 22nd 12 at 12:14 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear mslabbe-at-hotmail.com, Good Evening.

I did an example to you.
It´s attached.

Take a look and tell me if it worked for you.
There are only simple formulas on it.

Have a nice day.

I see that it works, but I didn't want to have to edit the original page. I did have it where I numbered 1 to ~3700 (each day of the year X 10), but didn't want to do that either.

Thanks for the example, but not exactly what I can use.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for multiple rows of same value...

On Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:21:48 PM UTC-5, mslabbe @ hotmail. com wrote:
I have two tabs in a excel sheet. One tab has rows of dates (multiple
rows - 10 of the same date to be exact) in which I'd like to look up a
specific date and list the data that is in the next column to that date.
When it finds another of the same date, use the next one...almost like
using the offset formula or pivot table.

Ex
1----4/5---123
2----4/5---456
3----4/5---789

Probably a macro to use
datafilterautofilterfilter your datecopy to other sheet