Junior Member

Default #DVI/0! Error

Hello, I recently created a spreadsheet to track crashes for an insurance company. With some help I was able to insert a formula to track percentages based on multiple criteria (i.e. preventable vs non-preventable).

Here is a sample of the formula that is used several times in my spreadsheet:

==AVERAGE(IF('DataSheet'!$W$8:$W$500='Location, Time & Date Analysis'!$AA$154,IF('DataSheet'!$AF$8:$AF$500='Lo cation, Time & Date Analysis'!G152,1,0)))

Everything works great excep when there is no information in a particular field I get a #DVI/0! error. I know there are formulas that will make this display as a '0' or 'N/A' however I am not sure where to enter this into my existing formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie C View Post
Hello, I recently created a spreadsheet to track crashes for an insurance company. With some help I was able to insert a formula to track percentages based on multiple criteria (i.e. preventable vs non-preventable).

Here is a sample of the formula that is used several times in my spreadsheet:

==AVERAGE(IF('DataSheet'!$W$8:$W$500='Location, Time & Date Analysis'!$AA$154,IF('DataSheet'!$AF$8:$AF$500='Lo cation, Time & Date Analysis'!G152,1,0)))

Everything works great excep when there is no information in a particular field I get a #DVI/0! error. I know there are formulas that will make this display as a '0' or 'N/A' however I am not sure where to enter this into my existing formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information.
Hi,

If you could send a copy of the spreadsheet with sample data in to pubnut999 @gmail.com (but without the 999 ) I will happily take a look and add the formula.

Last edited by Spencer101 : April 3rd 12 at 05:27 PM