Junior Member

Default IF(ISNUMBER question

Hello,

I have a column of text strings (Column C), which I need to match to a text string in a table called “UIDtable”. This UIDtable is the first column in a two column array titled “DIVISIONarray”, the second column of this DIVISIONarray is a value I need to return in the cell I am running the following formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C5,UIDtable,0)),VLOOKUP(C5,DIVI SIONarray,2,0),"?DIVISION?")
This works fine, but I now need to have the text to match in the UIDtable have wild cards in them, which does not work with the above formula. What I need to do is to move from more of a find function to a search function, in the above formula. Any help would be appreciated.

ISNUMBER QUESTION doyree Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 February 5th 08 03:54 AM
ISNumber Mike H. Excel Programming 11 October 19th 07 07:17 PM
Isnumber function - question about data type [email protected] Excel Programming 2 November 29th 06 02:21 PM
IsNumber question Patrick Simonds Excel Programming 9 October 9th 05 06:41 PM
isnumber() mark kubicki Excel Programming 2 November 5th 04 04:25 AM