gilbert

Default Verifying Dates

Dear Excel Experts,

Could anyone please show me how should I overcome this problem:-

1) Supposing I have a cell, say cell A1 with the formula "=today()" -
this will show today's date in cell A1

2) I need cell B1 to check cell A1 to determine the result. Cell B1
will be using a simple formula of "if....then...else".

If I want cell B1 to check only the day and month of cell A1 (for
certain criteria), but to show in cell B1 only the year result....how
should I approach this?

The criteria for cell B1 would be

if A1's date is larger than 30/6, then B1 should return with the year
as in cell A1
if A1's date is smaller than 30/6, then B1 should return with the
preceeding year of cell A1.

Looking forward for your advise and assistance.

Thank you...

Best regards,
Gilbert

--