Richard

Default Excel 2000 to 2003 update links doesn't work properly any suggest

We have an advance Excel spreadsheet that has many links to other worksheets
and someone when you load it in Excel 2000 it ask is we want to update the
links and we answer no and the formula etc.. are all working, but when you
bring the file into Excel 2003 then the value disapear and nothing is working
properly.
Ken Wright

In 2003 if you do Tools / Options / Edit, is the option 'Ask to update
Automatic links' ticked? if not then do so.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Richard" wrote in message
We have an advance Excel spreadsheet that has many links to other
worksheets
and someone when you load it in Excel 2000 it ask is we want to update the
links and we answer no and the formula etc.. are all working, but when you
bring the file into Excel 2003 then the value disapear and nothing is
working
properly.

Dave Peterson

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work for you.