MAndrews

Default find and replace links in Excel 2003

I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. In Excel 2000 I was able to do
a find/replace to change the links in formulas for the entire page. Example:
Find
[file1.xls] Replace [file2.xls] and Replace all (in FileX). The confusing
thing is that when I try that in Excel 2003, it searches for the file for
each number changed, whereas when I had the two files open it didn't search
at all, and it gives me #REF errors for a lot of my numbers, even though the
two files are organized exactly the same(the only difference is the month's
data changes) Does anyone know why it has started doing this? Any help
would be much appreciated!!
Ron de Bruin

Have you try

Edit Links in the menu bar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"MAndrews" wrote in message ...
I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. In Excel 2000 I was able to do
a find/replace to change the links in formulas for the entire page. Example:
Find
[file1.xls] Replace [file2.xls] and Replace all (in FileX). The confusing
thing is that when I try that in Excel 2003, it searches for the file for
each number changed, whereas when I had the two files open it didn't search
at all, and it gives me #REF errors for a lot of my numbers, even though the
two files are organized exactly the same(the only difference is the month's
data changes) Does anyone know why it has started doing this? Any help
would be much appreciated!!

MAndrews

Never Mind! I answered my own question. I had also recently received a new
computer and all of my mapped drives had different numbers. When Excel tried
to find the files to pull information from this was causing problems. As
soon as I remapped my network drives to what they had been when I created the
files find/replace started working correctly again.

Thanks though for all replies!!

Michelle