Tessie

Default Help with Excel Functions...

I am working on a spreadsheet where I need column H to tell me when it has
been 90 days since the date in column G. I know how to do the
formula...=Gline#+(90); but I would like for it to highlight the box when the
date is past due. If anyone has any comments or helpful thoughts, please let
me know! Thanks so much!

Morrigan

Are you trying to compare today date to the date in column G? Then
highlight it if 90 or more days have already passed. If so try...

=IF(VALUE(TODAY())VALUE($G1)+90,1,0)

Hope it helps.

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094

RagDyer

Say your dates start in G2 and go to G100.
Select H2 to H100 and then:

<Format <Conditional Format
Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is", and enter this formula:

=AND(G2<"",G2+90<=TODAY())

Now, click on "Format" and choose a Pattern color to your liking.
Then <OK <OK.

And you should have what you're looking for.

However, you may get tired of looking at the colored cells in Column H.
You could remove the date from Column G.
But, if the date must remain, you might put a time limit on the formatting
of Column H.

Try this formula instead of the first one:

=AND(G1<"",G1+90<=TODAY(),G1+120TODAY())

--
HTH,

RD