Daniel Bonallack

Default Signifcant digits

I had a search as I was sure that this would have been answered, but didn't
really find what I needed.

How can I display 3,456 as 3,460 (so to 3 significant digits) without
changing the value of the cell (as would happen with the round function).

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:53:47 -0700, "Daniel Bonallack"
wrote:

I had a search as I was sure that this would have been answered, but didn't
really find what I needed.

How can I display 3,456 as 3,460 (so to 3 significant digits) without
changing the value of the cell (as would happen with the round function).

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

I do not believe that is possible.

How about scientific format: 0.00E+00 would be 3.46E+03

Another option would be to use the ROUND function for display, but use a
different column (which could be hidden) for performing your calculations.

--ron

Jerry W. Lewis

As Ron pointed out, there is no sigfig format, but if you will be
handling a lot of numbers, you may prefer a formula to round to
specified number of figures

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...244c8f41e91025

to the Round function that rounds to a specified number of decimal places.

Jerry