JohnP

Default Interest calculation

Interest rate: 6.9%
Amount: 2500
Period: 24 months

The company says monthly payments wil be 111.63. But none of the excel
formulas I've tried (PMT, PV, IPMT) return the same.

Note: I do not have & cannot install CUMIMPT

Thanks.
Jerry W. Lewis

=PMT(6.9%/12,24,2500)
Indicates a payment of 111.82, suggesting that your final payment will
be 116.46
=FV(6.9%/12,23,-111.63,2500)*(1+6.9%/12)
if you only pay 111.63 per month. Another possibility is that the
raight is slightly under 6.9%, but
=RATE(24,-111.63,2500)*12
returns 6.73%, so the difference would be more than just rounding.

Jerry