Uncle O

Default combine text of multiple cells

I put questionaires results in excel worksheet. In several columns, the data
is in text format. I want to shows all the text in another worksheet as a
summary of result. I can't find any formula suitable for the task. Any
suggestion?

eg.
In worksheet "Data!"
Col_A
Mary is a good girl.
John nice.
Ruby the best.

I would like to show it on worksheet "Result!"
| Col A
Row 10 | Mary is a good girl.
| John nice.
| Ruby the best.

Row 11 |

Uncle O

Roger Govier

Format cells in column A of sheet Result to wrap text.
In cell A10 of Result enter
='Data'!A1 & CHAR(10) &'Data'!A2 & CHAR(10) & 'Data'!A3

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Uncle O" wrote in message
I put questionaires results in excel worksheet. In several columns, the
data
is in text format. I want to shows all the text in another worksheet as a
summary of result. I can't find any formula suitable for the task. Any
suggestion?

eg.
In worksheet "Data!"
Col_A
Mary is a good girl.
John nice.
Ruby the best.

I would like to show it on worksheet "Result!"
| Col A
Row 10 | Mary is a good girl.
| John nice.
| Ruby the best.

Row 11 |

Uncle O

nijunge

I'm not totally sure of the question but to combine more sels into one
is generally done by the function Concatenate

ex

=Concatenate(a1;" - ";b2;"and so on he goes")

was that the problem ?

--
nijunge
nijunge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26404

Uncle O

Thanks very much for both reply. Your solution would be helpful for few
entries. However in my case, there are more than 30 cases. It will be time
consuming.

BTW, I notice that using the PIVOT Table wizard can do something like this
and can have some descriptive statistics. Please refer to the help of PIVOT
table in excel help.