Dee

Default ISERROR

I entered the ISError in my spreadsheet in order to hide the error messages
in my cells. It works great. However, I needed to add more rows and I dragged
the formula down into the cells in the new rows and I get a 0 in these cells.

Could someone explain why this is happening, I don't have a 0 in the cells I
entered the ISERROR into in the first place.

Thanks very much for any help.

Best regards

Dee

rahrah3a

maybe it's an issue with formating??
if the cells with the iserror function are formated as number, it will show
a 0, you will
need to convert the Data format to text to show a blank

"Dee" wrote:

I entered the ISError in my spreadsheet in order to hide the error messages
in my cells. It works great. However, I needed to add more rows and I dragged
the formula down into the cells in the new rows and I get a 0 in these cells.

Could someone explain why this is happening, I don't have a 0 in the cells I
entered the ISERROR into in the first place.

Thanks very much for any help.

Best regards

Dee

Dee

The code is =IF(ISERROR(C21*6),"",(C21*6)). The cells have to be in number
format. The initial cells with this function left the cell blank even with
the format of the cells being number "General Format) I just added some rows
and dragged the formula down. Acutally one cell showed no zero and then the
cells following showed 0's

Thanks again for your help.

"Dee" wrote:

I entered the ISError in my spreadsheet in order to hide the error messages
in my cells. It works great. However, I needed to add more rows and I dragged
the formula down into the cells in the new rows and I get a 0 in these cells.

Could someone explain why this is happening, I don't have a 0 in the cells I
entered the ISERROR into in the first place.

Thanks very much for any help.

Best regards

Dee

Aladin Akyurek

If you insist on masking error values in the target cells instead of
eliminating their cause, try:

=IF(ISNUMBER(C21),C21*6,"")

instead.

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.