Mosqui

Default sumif with similar cells

I'm not sure how to do this.
A B
34-f-r 33
34-f-r 56
34-f-k 44
34-f-t 99
34-f-t 82

I want to add column B if A is the same, so I want to make anothe sheet with
cells in column A no repeated but all the values in column B added.

A B
34-f-r 89
34-f-k 44
34-f-t 181

Thanks and congratulations to all the helpers.

Martin

RagDyer

On Sheet2, enter this in A1 and copy down to A5:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:A1,Sheet1!A1)=1,Sheet1!A1, "")

This will give you a list of unique entries from Column A on Sheet1.

This list will have blank rows, where the duplicate entries were eliminated.

In B1 of Sheet2, enter this formula:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A5,A1,Sheet1!B1:B5)

And copy down to B5.

This will give you the totals of the unique entries displayed in Column A.

NOW, if you would like to eliminate the empty rows in Column A of Sheet2,
you can check out this web page of Chip Pearson, where he has instructions
on using a formula to do just that.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/noblanks.htm

After you get rid of the blank rows, you can adjust the SumIf formula to
reference the new, non-blank column.
--
HTH,

RD

"Mosqui" wrote in message
I'm not sure how to do this.
A B
34-f-r 33
34-f-r 56
34-f-k 44
34-f-t 99
34-f-t 82

I want to add column B if A is the same, so I want to make anothe sheet

with
cells in column A no repeated but all the values in column B added.

A B
34-f-r 89
34-f-k 44
34-f-t 181

Thanks and congratulations to all the helpers.

Martin

Aladin Akyurek

Let A1:B6 on Sheet1 house the sample provided, including labels:

{"Item","Amount";"34-f-r",33;"34-f-r",56;"34-f-k",44;"34-f-t",99;"34-f-t",82}

Thus: A1 is Item, B1 Amount, A2 34-f-r, etc.

On Sheet1...

C1: 0

which is mandatory.

C2, copied down:

=IF((A2<"")*ISNA(MATCH(A2,$A$1:A1,0)),LOOKUP(9.99 999999999999E+307,$C$1:C1)+1,"")

On Sheet2...

A1:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,Sheet1!$C$1:$C$6)

A2: Item

A3, copied down:

=IF(ROW()-ROW($A$3)+1<=$A$1,LOOKUP(ROW()-ROW($A$3)+1,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$6,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6),"")

which yields a no-blanks list of distinct items.

B2: Total Amount

B3, copied down:

=IF(A3<"",SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6,A3,Sheet1!$B$2:$ B$6),"")

which yields the desired subtotals per distinct item.