sonar

Default VLOOKUP - problem in stock request

Hi, I am busy setting up something for someone, basically this person
receives reports of what was supplied, this is imported into Excel.

We have a Stock request sheet then that reads these reports and fills
in the quantities received for each item. It recognizes each item by
its barcode.

The problem is, if the item appears more than once, it only gives me
the quantity for the first one it finds and ignores it thereafter.

Can I formulate this code to find for instance all the 20204655
barcodes and combine the quantities?

=VLOOKUP($A10,Mo!$A$1:$H$9999,3,FALSE)

Kind regards
Sonar

--
sonar
sonar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8424

Per Erik Midtrød

Instead of vlookup you could use Sumif.
SUMIF(Mo!A$1:A$9999;$A10;Mo!C$1:C$9999)

Per Erik
On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:57:41 -0500, sonar
wrote:

Hi, I am busy setting up something for someone, basically this person
receives reports of what was supplied, this is imported into Excel.

We have a Stock request sheet then that reads these reports and fills
in the quantities received for each item. It recognizes each item by
its barcode.

The problem is, if the item appears more than once, it only gives me
the quantity for the first one it finds and ignores it thereafter.

Can I formulate this code to find for instance all the 20204655
barcodes and combine the quantities?

=VLOOKUP($A10,Mo!$A$1:$H$9999,3,FALSE)

Kind regards
Sonar

sonar

Thank you very much, it made a big difference.

Regards
Sonar