dnm

Default sumif function

Hello -
I have a range of names in column A and a range of ages in column B. How
can I determine the average age per unique name?
DaveB

Use this formula in C1 and copy down to bottom of your range:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$1000=A1),--($B$1:$B$1000))/SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$1000=A1),--($B$1:$B$1000<""))

Dave

"dnm" wrote:

Hello -
I have a range of names in column A and a range of ages in column B. How
can I determine the average age per unique name?

Aladin Akyurek

=AVERAGE(IF(NameRange=Name,AgeRange))

which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not just with enter.
Note also that this type of formulas do not admit whole column refernces
like A:A as range.