Amandle

Default formula suggestion

I am trying to figure out what to do...
I have an excel spreadsheet with a lot of figures on it. One of the figures
has to match another and becomes quite time consuming when I have to go down
the entire list to make sure the numbers match. Is there a formula that I can
insert to make either the font color different if the numbers do not match?
Or does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks for your help
DaveB

Amandle -
Are the values supposed to correspond to each other in the same row or can
one value be anywhere in the column?

If you just want to check if, for example, a value in B10 matches to A10 you
can use a simple IF() function:

=IF(A10=B10,"these values match","don't match")

If you want to see if, for example, B10 matches ANY value in column A use
the MATCH() function nested in an IF() statement:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B10,A1:A1000)),"match found","no match found")

DavidB

"Amandle" wrote:

I am trying to figure out what to do...
I have an excel spreadsheet with a lot of figures on it. One of the figures
has to match another and becomes quite time consuming when I have to go down
the entire list to make sure the numbers match. Is there a formula that I can
insert to make either the font color different if the numbers do not match?
Or does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks for your help

Duke Carey

Format-Conditional Formatting will do the trick

If you are comparing a number in one column to that in the same row but a
different column, say A2 vs B2, then you would select cell A2, go to
Format-Conditional Formatting, select Cell Value and then use Not Equal to
and in the right hand box type =b2. Then click on the Format button and set
the font or the pattern to the format you want.

"Amandle" wrote:

I am trying to figure out what to do...
I have an excel spreadsheet with a lot of figures on it. One of the figures
has to match another and becomes quite time consuming when I have to go down
the entire list to make sure the numbers match. Is there a formula that I can
insert to make either the font color different if the numbers do not match?
Or does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks for your help

Amandle

Also, I have two columns one column is an original amount the next column is
a current amount. I am trying to figure out how to get the percent of
accounts that have made a payment any suggestions?