Duke Carey

Format-Conditional Formatting will do the trick

If you are comparing a number in one column to that in the same row but a
different column, say A2 vs B2, then you would select cell A2, go to
Format-Conditional Formatting, select Cell Value and then use Not Equal to
and in the right hand box type =b2. Then click on the Format button and set
the font or the pattern to the format you want.

"Amandle" wrote:

I am trying to figure out what to do...
I have an excel spreadsheet with a lot of figures on it. One of the figures
has to match another and becomes quite time consuming when I have to go down
the entire list to make sure the numbers match. Is there a formula that I can
insert to make either the font color different if the numbers do not match?
Or does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks for your help