Eric

Default Calculation

Is there a way to make excel stop calculating a formula when it is taking an
excessive amount of time? i.e. when running certain pivot tables, if the
data is not sorted properly it will take several minutes to run a summary. I
would like to be able to stop the calculation, sort and rerun the report.

Thanks
John Michl

Set the calculation mode to either "Manual" or "Automatic except
Tables". You'll need to press [F9] every time you want to calc the
entire workbook. To change the calc mode choose the following from the
menus:

Tools | Options | Calculation

- John

Eric

For some reason Ctrl+Break works, but esc does not. Mine is not to ask the
question why, so I won't.

Thanks much for the assistance,

Eric