JohnGuts

Default Unique Values

I have a list in Column H whose MAX size is H2:H10,000. There are currently
only 1,000 cells filled in with data in column H. I want to create a new
list in column K that will pull out ONLY unique entries from column H. Is
there a formula to use that would calculate for the entire range of column H
(H2:H10000) so that when a new record is entered, it will automatically pull
out the unique value if the value added to the new row is unique? Thanks in
advance for any help! John
Gary's Student

To create the unique column manually, pulldown Data FIlter Advanced Filter
and check unique only. Do get this to happend automatically whenever a new
entry is made would require an Event Macro .
--
Gary's Student

"JohnGuts" wrote:

I have a list in Column H whose MAX size is H2:H10,000. There are currently
only 1,000 cells filled in with data in column H. I want to create a new
list in column K that will pull out ONLY unique entries from column H. Is
there a formula to use that would calculate for the entire range of column H
(H2:H10000) so that when a new record is entered, it will automatically pull
out the unique value if the value added to the new row is unique? Thanks in
advance for any help! John

JohnGuts

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you suggested, and for some reason,
it always produced a list where 2 identical values were reported. It did
filter out all the other duplicates, but for some reason, one value was
displayed twice. Any ideas? Thanks.

"JohnGuts" wrote:

I have a list in Column H whose MAX size is H2:H10,000. There are currently
only 1,000 cells filled in with data in column H. I want to create a new
list in column K that will pull out ONLY unique entries from column H. Is
there a formula to use that would calculate for the entire range of column H
(H2:H10000) so that when a new record is entered, it will automatically pull
out the unique value if the value added to the new row is unique? Thanks in
advance for any help! John

Gary's Student

In my experience two identical entries usually means the differences are
invisible, like trailing blanks. If it is trailing blanks, then use the
TRIM() function before filtering.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student