crich

Default How do I set up an array using countif for 2 separate arguments.

I want the cell to count, but only if 2 separate arguments are met. Can that
be done?
Aladin Akyurek

Care to provide a bit more info, preferably by means of a tiny sample
along with the expected count?

crich wrote:
I want the cell to count, but only if 2 separate arguments are met. Can that
be done?

Ashish Mathur

Name Dept Grade

Sam A 1
Patrick A 2
David A 1

If you want to count the number pf people who are in Department A and have
grade 1, enter the following formula

Array enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) the following formula in cell E10

SUM(IF((D6:D8="A")*(E6:E8=1),1,0))

Regards,