pm

Default differences in groups of numbers

Hello there-

I have a column of 10 numbers. The last row of the column is a control
value. I would like to know the easiest way to see if any of the previous 9
numbers in a column divided by the control number is .6 or less. I tried OR
function and it works, but I will be dealing with bigger columns of up to 100
numbers to compare to a control number and the OR function in this case would
be cumbersome.

PM
David Billigmeier

Assume your numbers are in A1:A100 and your control number is in A101, this
function counts the number of entries meeting this condition:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100/A101<0.6))

David Billigmeier

"pm" wrote:

Hello there-

I have a column of 10 numbers. The last row of the column is a control
value. I would like to know the easiest way to see if any of the previous 9
numbers in a column divided by the control number is .6 or less. I tried OR
function and it works, but I will be dealing with bigger columns of up to 100
numbers to compare to a control number and the OR function in this case would
be cumbersome.

PM

Bob Phillips

=SUM(A1:A9)/A10<0.6

--

HTH

RP

"David Billigmeier" wrote in
message ...

"pm" wrote:

Hello there-

I have a column of 10 numbers. The last row of the column is a control
value. I would like to know the easiest way to see if any of the

previous 9
numbers in a column divided by the control number is .6 or less. I

tried OR
function and it works, but I will be dealing with bigger columns of up

to 100
numbers to compare to a control number and the OR function in this case

would
be cumbersome.

PM

David Billigmeier

Bob - Your formula simply sums the values and divides by the control number.
I believe (unless I read wrong) he wanted to check if each individual number
divided by the control number is less than .6, in which case my formula would
have to be used:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100/A101<0.6))

David Billigmeier

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUM(A1:A9)/A10<0.6

--

HTH

RP

"David Billigmeier" wrote in
message ...

"pm" wrote:

Hello there-

I have a column of 10 numbers. The last row of the column is a control
value. I would like to know the easiest way to see if any of the

previous 9
numbers in a column divided by the control number is .6 or less. I

tried OR
function and it works, but I will be dealing with bigger columns of up

to 100
numbers to compare to a control number and the OR function in this case

would
be cumbersome.

PM

Bob Phillips

Re-reading, I think you are right. I missed the emphasis of any. Pit, mine
was much simpler :-)

Bob

"David Billigmeier" wrote in
message ...
Bob - Your formula simply sums the values and divides by the control

number.
I believe (unless I read wrong) he wanted to check if each individual

number
divided by the control number is less than .6, in which case my formula

would
have to be used:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100/A101<0.6))

David Billigmeier