funmi_Bash

Default Excel worksheet function that will return the currency for a cell

Hello Microsft Excel Developers,

I would like Microsoft to extend the capabilities of Excel by providing a
worksheet function that will return the currency value of the contents of a
cell. I have found this necessary and useful when confronted with arrays that
have values of many different currencies.

Looking forward to your kind assistance on this issue. Thank tou.

A. O. O. Basorun
The Basorun Clan,

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:21:06 -0700, "funmi_Bash"
wrote:

Hello Microsft Excel Developers,

I would like Microsoft to extend the capabilities of Excel by providing a
worksheet function that will return the currency value of the contents of a
cell. I have found this necessary and useful when confronted with arrays that
have values of many different currencies.

Looking forward to your kind assistance on this issue. Thank tou.

A. O. O. Basorun
The Basorun Clan,

You could easily write a VB function to return the currency identifier used in
any particular cell. There also may be a three character code returned by the
NumberFormat property of the cell which can be translated to a country.
However, I am unable to locate that conversion list.

--ron
funmi_Bash

Hello Ron

Thanks for the response.

I sort of tried this out from the VBA environment, but this would imply
writing a macro; which is not quite what I have in mind.

Suppose the following are enteries in various cells:

$266,886.60
‚¬266,886.60
£266,886.60
NGN 266,886.60
Â¥266,886.60 NGN 37,364,124.00

I was hoping for a worksheet function similar to the Cell(..) function that
will return the corresponding currency as the result.

Let's still keep our fingers crossed for our guys at Microsoft.
Ciao!