Junior Member

Default How Do I Get The Difference In Hours and Mins

Hi

I'm working in a freight forwarding company. I basically need to know the formula to get the difference in hours and mintues base on the PDF file attached. Please note that the date and time are together in one cell for example A1 (d/mm/yyyy hh:mm). Hope someone can help me with this issue.

Kindly see attached.

A1
31/07/2005 20:15

B1
1/08/2005 08:50

C1
B-A = hh:mm

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Eugene
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Help.pdf (15.5 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by medicom06 : August 11th 05 at 08:02 AM
Ian

There's no attached file.

Assuming the date/time in A1 is earlier than date/time in A2

=INT((A2-A1)*24)&":"&INT((((A2-A1)*24)-INT((A2-A1)*24))*60)

This will return the total hours & minutes between the 2 values(appearing as
eg 73:03), but you will not be able to perform any calculations on it.

--
Ian
--
"medicom06" wrote in message

Hi

I'm working in a freight forwarding company. I basically need to know
the formula to get the difference in hours and mintues base on the PDF
file attached. Please note that the date and time are together in one
cell for example A1 (d/mm/yyyy hh:mm). Hope someone can help me with
this issue.

Kindly see attached.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Eugene

|Filename: Help.pdf |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24|

medicom06

Ian

The formula could be modified, but it would begin to get very cluttered.
Also you would get a 0: display for no days.

An easier way would be to simply subtract the dates and format the cell as
"d hh:mm". This would work up to 1 month difference only

--
Ian