John

Default Formula to change rows a different colour?

Hi.

Today I made a formula for calculating if the date in a column is
older than 60 days or not.

This is the formula:

=IF(TODAY()-D11=60,TRUE,FALSE)

If I want all the ones that are True for the rows to be turned a
different colour how can I do this part?

And as far as the true and false part goes, does it always have to be
these words? Is it possible to get the formula to display other words
instead like a YES or a NO? When I type over the true and false to
change them to a yes and no, it comes up with an error, so I believe
these words are a vital part of the VB code?

Thanks for your help

John

FSt1

hi,
Formulas return a value, they can not perform an action. like change the
color of a cell.
but you an use conditional formating to do that.
FormatConditional formating
cell value is Equal to ="yes"
Format buttonpattern tabsome color
OK

as to your formula, yes, you can change the text.

=if(TODAY()-D11=60,"Yes","No")

just be sure that the text you want displayed is inclosed in double quotes.
"Text"

regards
FSt1

"John" wrote:

Hi.

Today I made a formula for calculating if the date in a column is
older than 60 days or not.

This is the formula:

=IF(TODAY()-D11=60,TRUE,FALSE)

If I want all the ones that are True for the rows to be turned a
different colour how can I do this part?

And as far as the true and false part goes, does it always have to be
these words? Is it possible to get the formula to display other words
instead like a YES or a NO? When I type over the true and false to
change them to a yes and no, it comes up with an error, so I believe
these words are a vital part of the VB code?

Thanks for your help

John

John

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:11:01 -0700, A strange species called "FSt1"
wrote:

hi,
Formulas return a value, they can not perform an action. like change the
color of a cell.
but you an use conditional formating to do that.
FormatConditional formating
cell value is Equal to ="yes"
Format buttonpattern tabsome color
OK

as to your formula, yes, you can change the text.

=if(TODAY()-D11=60,"Yes","No")

just be sure that the text you want displayed is inclosed in double quotes.
"Text"

regards
FSt1

Thanks a lot mate! This is perfect. I always wondered how this was
done. Now I know. Conditional Formatting :)

This is definitely the most useful thing I have learned this month.

John