Default Currency Conversion

Hi

I'm looking to find out if there is a way I convert all my amounts that
are currently in USD to another currency without having to go through
each and every cell and calculating the conversion. Specifically I
would like to convert these amounts into Swedish currency. I tried to
conversion tool built into Excel but that only really does Euro's and a
few others, but no Swedish currency. Can anyone help me?

Bob Phillips

Is it the amount that you are referring to that needs to be converted? If so
put the conversion rate in a cell, then copy that cell.

Select all your amounts, then EditPastespecial and click Multiply.

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I'm looking to find out if there is a way I convert all my amounts that
are currently in USD to another currency without having to go through
each and every cell and calculating the conversion. Specifically I
would like to convert these amounts into Swedish currency. I tried to
conversion tool built into Excel but that only really does Euro's and a
few others, but no Swedish currency. Can anyone help me?

Heather

Is there a way to do this so that when you are adding up different
cells, it does not apply the currency converstion to them, or would u
have to do it section by section?

Bob Phillips

Heather,

If you want to keep the original currency and convert the sum, just use

=SUM(A1:A100)*the_rate

--

HTH

RP

"Heather" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way to do this so that when you are adding up different
cells, it does not apply the currency converstion to them, or would u
have to do it section by section?

Heather

What my co-working is trying to do is convert a whole budget
spreadsheet into a new currency. The formulas and solutions you have
given me so far are working but what they want to know is if they can
just highlight all the number columns and do the copy, pastespecial
solution - when theydo this, it does convert everything but any
summations or anything like that, gets converted twice because they are
adding up the column that is already converted and then converting that
answer - so its actually getting converted twice! Any ideas, or is this
just not possible -- I don't think it is.

thanks for all your help thus far.

Bob Phillips

Heather,

It seems to me that just do one or the other, convert the raw data or
convert the sum.

--

HTH

RP

"Heather" wrote in message
oups.com...
What my co-working is trying to do is convert a whole budget
spreadsheet into a new currency. The formulas and solutions you have
given me so far are working but what they want to know is if they can
just highlight all the number columns and do the copy, pastespecial
solution - when theydo this, it does convert everything but any
summations or anything like that, gets converted twice because they are
adding up the column that is already converted and then converting that
answer - so its actually getting converted twice! Any ideas, or is this
just not possible -- I don't think it is.

thanks for all your help thus far.

Andy Wiggins

Here's an approach:
1) Create a copy of the sheet from which you want the currency conversion.
2) In a convenient place in that sheet, put the coversion rate (and name it
"ConRate")
3) (Now the hard work) In the new sheet, go to each input cell and change it
so it multiplies the cell in the original sheet by the conversion rate e.g.
for the cell C4 you might insert the formula "=OriginalSheet!C4*ConRate"
4) Test your work by using a ConRate of 1
5) Now, whenever there's a change in the currency values you can update your
results.
--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com