coal_miner

Default Formula for cell in a column

Greetings. Allow me to explain my need. I have a column for A/R for month
of August. 8.01.05 is row I8, 8.31.05 is I38. I need a formula in I39 that
will take the most recent day and use that for I42. I do not need any
calculations, just a formula that will take the mose recent day and display
it. Thanks for any help.

coal_miner

Thank you, but this is not what I am looking for. For example: 8.1.05 is
$500. And then on 8.2.05 the number is $250. I need whatever number
corresponds with the most recent date. Not the largest number, because the
A/R will not be cummulative. Thanks again. Cheers.

"KL" wrote:

try this =MAX(I8:I38)

Regards,
KL

"coal_miner" wrote in message
Greetings. Allow me to explain my need. I have a column for A/R for
month
of August. 8.01.05 is row I8, 8.31.05 is I38. I need a formula in I39
that
will take the most recent day and use that for I42. I do not need any
calculations, just a formula that will take the mose recent day and
display
it. Thanks for any help.

KL

If you have the values in range [I8:I38] and the dates in range [H8:H38]
then try this:

=INDEX(I8:I38,MATCH(MAX(H8:H38),H8:H38,0))

Regards,
KL

"coal_miner" wrote in message
Thank you, but this is not what I am looking for. For example: 8.1.05 is
$500. And then on 8.2.05 the number is $250. I need whatever number
corresponds with the most recent date. Not the largest number, because
the
A/R will not be cummulative. Thanks again. Cheers.

"KL" wrote:

try this =MAX(I8:I38)

Regards,
KL