construction_secretary

Default Need one formula for large sections of one column, but....

small example of spreadsheet I'm creating. Need large sections of one column
to use the same formula but for all cells with diff context

Column A B C D
descr. mtl cost/per unit total cost for material
Rows 1
2 158 $.17 formula =(b2*c2)
3 339 $.24 =(b3*c3)
4 355.95 $.50.88 =(b4*c4)
5
6

So my questions is can I fill Column D with one formula, or because the cell
# changes do I have to enter it into each cell that I need the formula in?
Barb R.

In cell D2, you can enter
=b2*c2

You can then copy that cell down as far as needed. It will adjust the
formula as necessary.