Default Save as HTML oddity

I have a workbook I use daily to create approximately 70-80 html pages from
some data sheets. These pages are updated daily and uploaded to a web
server. The strange thing I see happening is that these html files are quite
large, but if I call the page up in Excel and resave it without changing
anything, the file size drops to approximately half of it's original size.
This is very tedious to do every day, but obviously I would like to have the
smaller files on the webserver to conserve disk space and also to make the
pages load faster. Does anyone know why this would be happening? TIA

Chris

Ron de Bruin

Hi Chris

Check out your usedrange on the sheets with Ctrl-End
If the selected cell is below your last cell with data you must reset your usedrange.

See

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"c" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook I use daily to create approximately 70-80 html pages from
some data sheets. These pages are updated daily and uploaded to a web
server. The strange thing I see happening is that these html files are quite
large, but if I call the page up in Excel and resave it without changing
anything, the file size drops to approximately half of it's original size.
This is very tedious to do every day, but obviously I would like to have the
smaller files on the webserver to conserve disk space and also to make the
pages load faster. Does anyone know why this would be happening? TIA

Chris

Thanks Ron,

I did this, and there were several rows that needed to be cleared, but other
than making my spreadsheet file somewhat smaller, it did nothing to
alleviate the problem when saving the page I need as an html file. They
still end up about 800kb, and when I reopen them in Excel and save them,
they are about 450kb, which is still quite large for what these files are,
but I haven't found a way to make them smaller than the 450kb.

Chris