Banned

Default Help - need to consolidate workbooks

Hi all

Need some help. There is now a requirement for my team to complete timesheets. Something like the attached. I have 2 sheets on there but that will actually be 2 workbooks, as an example

The requirement is for each individual to complete their timesheet and drop in a folder. Our manager will then see 15 timesheets in this folder. He would then need to consolidate the timesheets into ONE workbook and ONE worksheet.

They want to do some analysis etc so would need a total of all timesheets.

However if you look at the timesheet - each could be different depending on how many clients that person has worked for that week. Person 1 may have 5 clients that period whilst Person 2 may have just the one.

Any idea's how this can be achieved please?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip TimeSheet_Help.zip (16.1 KB, 83 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good examples of the sources. However, you need to show us what you
want the consolidated sheet to look like....

On Feb 10, 2:49*pm, yus786 wrote:
Hi all

Need some help. There is now a requirement for my team to complete
timesheets. Something like the attached. I have 2 sheets on there but
that will actually be 2 workbooks, as an example

The requirement is for each individual to complete their timesheet and
drop in a folder. Our manager will then see 15 timesheets in this
folder. He would then need to consolidate the timesheets into ONE
workbook and ONE worksheet.

They want to do some analysis etc so would need a total of all
timesheets.

However if you look at the timesheet - each could be different depending
on how many clients that person has worked for that week. Person 1 may
have 5 clients that period whilst Person 2 may have just the one.

Any idea's how this can be achieved please?

Thanks

|Filename: TimeSheet_Help.zip * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=293|

yus786

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 11/02/2012 7:49 AM, yus786 wrote:
[...]

Hi

Just a thought here

Why go to all the trouble of having multiple sheets as opposed to having
everyone enter their details into 1 centralised workbook where you can
do your analysis...

You could use a UserInputForm and allocate a UserID/Password as their
unique ID passing their entries directly into the referenced cells.

On the usersInputForm after it has passed the UserID protocol, you could
have the following ComboBoxes/ValidationLists and TextBoxes:

Employee:
Client:
Day/Date:
Hours:

There you go, no need for 15 spreadsheets and potentially complicated
codes to roll through each and reconstruct the data, and hope there are
no errors along the way.

HTH
Mick.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacuum Sealed View Post
[...]

Sounds a really cool idea, but i have no experience in creating UserInputForm and allocating UserID/Password etc.

Presumably there will be only ONE workbook on a shared drive somewhere?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Guillett[_2_] View Post

On Feb 10, 2:49*pm, yus786 wrote:
[...]

here u go, something like this
Attached Files
File Type: zip Total.zip (14.4 KB, 26 views)

Junior Member

However if you look at the timesheet - each could be different depending on how many clients that person has worked for that week. Person 1 may have 5 clients that period whilst Person 2 may have just the one.
memory foam mattress | adjustable mattresses | memory pillow