Junior Member

Default Split Data Series (Lookup, Index, Match references)

Hi, I am new to this forum and I hope I can find some answers to my doubts. I have a series of data in "Data" tab and I would like to summarise and split the series into periodical report (monthly and quarterly) in "Call Summary" tab.

I have created 3 listed fields "Name", "Month" and "Quarter". I am stuck with splitting the whole data series into monthly only (January, February, etc) and quarterly (Q1, 2, 3, 4). I have tried vlookup, hlookup, index and match but none worked perfectly. The reason I want to split the data series into customised monthly and quarterly data is that I can select the particular ranges and automate the graphs only by selecting the lists in any of 3 fields above.

Is there any way to make my life a lot easier with this report? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2012 NOC stats.zip (44.6 KB, 82 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pivot Table

Gord

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 00:34:47 +0000, CouchPotato
wrote:

Hi, I am new to this forum and I hope I can find some answers to my
doubts. I have a series of data in "Data" tab and I would like to
summarise and split the series into periodical report (monthly and
quarterly) in "Call Summary" tab.

I have created 3 listed fields "Name", "Month" and "Quarter". I am stuck
with splitting the whole data series into monthly only (January,
February, etc) and quarterly (Q1, 2, 3, 4). I have tried vlookup,
hlookup, index and match but none worked perfectly. The reason I want to
split the data series into customised monthly and quarterly data is that
I can select the particular ranges and automate the graphs only by
selecting the lists in any of 3 fields above.

Is there any way to make my life a lot easier with this report? Any help
would be appreciated.

|Filename: 2012 NOC stats.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=289|