Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to stop index match returning data where lookup cell empty

Hi everyone,

I've got the following formula =INDEX(Surname,MATCH($A55,DOB,0)) but I'm
getting data returned when A55 is blank (end of data on summary sheet) but
where DOB is not filled in on the lookup sheet. Can I add an if to make it
blank? if so how? or is there a better way?

Cheers
--
Deirdre
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF($A55="","",INDEX(Surname,MATCH($A55,DOB,0)))

Hope this helps.

Pete