wendyrose1034

Default How do I group multiple data entries in sub-groups

I have almost 7000 data points that I need to group in sub-groups of 13
before analysing the data to measure variance. Is there a formula or macro
that I can write, or do I have to group them manually? The data points have
to be grouped in 13 in the order they appear.
bj

When you say group,
do you mean you want
to average them?
to do initial statistics on them etc.
do you wish to change from a 1x4000 to a 13x310 file

to change from a 1x4000 to a 13xYYY file
if your data is in column A and starts in row1

in C1 enter
=indirect("A"&((row()-1)*13-(column()-2)))
and copy to all cells between C1 and O310
(Note the exact lowest row depends on how many data points you actually have)
You will now have the data sorted into rows with 13 data points each

There are other things you can do depending on what you want to accomplish.