MarciaAnn

Default Is it possible to do this ...

I have a 5-column set of data: Artists, US Sales Low, US Sales High,
ROW Sales Low, ROW Sales High. What I want to do is find the top 100
artists total, from both Sales High columns combined and conversely the
lowest 100. What formula would I use to make such a comparison?

bj

put in several helper columns one summing both high columns and one summing
both low columns.
use the Rank() function on each of these
you can the use autofilter or sort to get the top ranked or bottom tranked
people together.

"MarciaAnn" wrote:

I have a 5-column set of data: Artists, US Sales Low, US Sales High,
ROW Sales Low, ROW Sales High. What I want to do is find the top 100
artists total, from both Sales High columns combined and conversely the
lowest 100. What formula would I use to make such a comparison?

MarciaAnn

BJ, thanks for the reply. I thin kmy wording was off a bit. What we
are trying to do is compare the US High Sales to the ROW High Sales,
and find the top 100 out of both columns and then compare the US Low
Sales with the ROW Low Sales and find the bottom most 100.

I am not familar with the Rank function. What is it and how does it
work?

Marcia

bj

I am not sure what you mean by compare. if you have 200 items in each column
are you looking for the highest one hundred items no matter which column
they are in? are you looking for the 100 pairs with the greatest difference?

The rank() function tells you the order a list would be in if you sorted it.
you can specify either up or down. The rank does allow ties, which a sort
does not.

"MarciaAnn" wrote:

BJ, thanks for the reply. I think my wording was off a bit. What we
are trying to do is compare the US High Sales to the ROW High Sales,
and find the top 100 out of both columns and then compare the US Low
Sales with the ROW Low Sales and find the bottom most 100.

I am not familar with the Rank function. What is it and how does it
work?

Marcia

MarciaAnn

I am looking to find the top 100 no matter which column and the bottom
100 no matter which column.

Sorry if I'm confusing you.

TIA,
Marcia