Billy

Default Help....please.....having problems in Excel with Functions

I have a Spread Sheet that has many lines of 4 columns(months) of data ($'s)
ea, if three consecutive months increase in value, I must retain all the
information, if not, I must not include that line of data in the report. I
have tried for 4 hours and cannot make this work. Here is an example of what
I'm faced with.

Jan Feb March April
135 164 256 258 ( I need to keep this line of
data for the Report)
135 260 256 258 (this line would not be included
because Feb to March data did not increase)
I would appreciate any help I could get........... Thanks and have a Great
Evening
bj

try a helper column with
=if(and(Marfeb,or(Febjan,aprmar)),1,0)
use auto filter on this coulumn and delete all of the "0"s

"Billy" wrote:

I have a Spread Sheet that has many lines of 4 columns(months) of data ($'s)
ea, if three consecutive months increase in value, I must retain all the
information, if not, I must not include that line of data in the report. I
have tried for 4 hours and cannot make this work. Here is an example of what
I'm faced with.

Jan Feb March April
135 164 256 258 ( I need to keep this line of
data for the Report)
135 260 256 258 (this line would not be included
because Feb to March data did not increase)
I would appreciate any help I could get........... Thanks and have a Great
Evening

Bill Kuunders

The data are in columns A,B,C and D
in E2 enter =IF(AND(B2A2,C2B2,D2C2),1,0)
extend this down the column
use data filter or a sort on E column and select the area to print.
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K