tbitler

Default How do I show the VALUE in a linked cell?

I have a workbook with several worksheets. In each worksheet, cell H1
is the TABNAME:
=MID(CELL("filename",H1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",H1))+1,255).

I have a Summary sheet where I want to reference each sheet. Since a
user can change the tab names, how can I show the TEXT VALUE in cell H1
and not the formula?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
tbitler
tbitler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25538

Vasant Nanavati

I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

If a user changes the tab name, cell H1 on that tab will be automatically
updated to show the new tab name. If the summary sheet is referenced to all
the H1 cells, it will be automatically updated as well.

--

Vasant

"tbitler" wrote in
message ...