hobpedlar

Default copy color

Hello,
I hope someone can help me.
This may well be a very basic question but I am totally new to Excel.
I want to know if I can have the color of a cell in sheet 1 change
automatically if I change the color in the corresponding cell in sheet
2...

Is this possible???

Waiting hopefully
Hobpedlar

--
hobpedlar
hobpedlar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25516

Bob Phillips

Very difficult, as a colour change does not trigger any event.

You could create toolbar button that sets the colour and then auto-updates
the linked cell.

--

HTH

RP

"hobpedlar" wrote
in message ...

Hello,
I hope someone can help me.
This may well be a very basic question but I am totally new to Excel.
I want to know if I can have the color of a cell in sheet 1 change
automatically if I change the color in the corresponding cell in sheet
2...

Is this possible???

Waiting hopefully
Hobpedlar

--
hobpedlar
hobpedlar's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389569

hobpedlar

Thanks bob,
That sounds like it could do the trick.
I will try it out and let you know.
Cheers
Hobpedlar

--
hobpedlar
hobpedlar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25516
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389569

RagDyeR

Hold down <Ctrl and click in the tab for Sheet2.
This "groups" the sheets, meaning whatever you do to one, will be duplicated
in the other.

When finished, don't forget to "ungroup" by right clicking in a tab and
choosing "ungroup sheets".
Forgetting to do this could create havoc in your WB!
--

HTH,

RD

"hobpedlar" wrote
in message ...

Hello,
I hope someone can help me.
This may well be a very basic question but I am totally new to Excel.
I want to know if I can have the color of a cell in sheet 1 change
automatically if I change the color in the corresponding cell in sheet
2...

Is this possible???

Waiting hopefully
Hobpedlar

--
hobpedlar
hobpedlar's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389569

Bob Phillips

RD has also shown you a way to do it without extra code, but if like me you
would find the grouping and ungrouping an unnecessary chore, then here is a
bit of code that you can assign to the button

Sub SetCellColour()
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPatterns).Show
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range(ActiveCell.Address) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex

HTH

RP

"hobpedlar" wrote
in message ...