Old July 21st 05, 06:09 PM
Counting filtered data.

Default How can I count items in a filtered list?

I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be able to
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to do this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom

Old July 21st 05, 06:10 PM
N Harkawat

=subtotal(2,a1:a1000)

Old May 14th 09, 06:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

do anybody know, how to use "countif" with filtered lists?

the function subtotal does not allow conditions (e.g. "name")
the function countif does it, but it count hidden cells, too

thank you for your ideas

Old May 14th 09, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

news

Old May 14th 09, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tommy" wrote in message
it works!
thank you

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

news

Old July 18th 09, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I’m hoping that someone can help me..
I am trying to count how many export has been done for each Region for July,
how many for August and so on.
I’ll try to make myself a bit clear. For example:
My first column (A1:A100) contains 10 different Regions (Netherlands, Italy,
Spain etc). The second column (B1:B100) contains months ( July, August,
September, October etc). I would like to know if there is formula to count
how many times Netherlands July appears in those 2 columns.
In both columns data must be chosen from a drop down menu..
Hope I made myself clear.. Can this be done ?
Thanks
Antonella

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

news

Old July 18th 09, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In both columns data must be chosen
from a drop down menu

Is that a data validation drop down list (or maybe a combo box) or is it an
Auto Filter drop down?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

news

Old July 18th 09, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is a data validation drop down list. Can be the reason why does not work?

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

news do anybody know, how to use "countif" with filtered lists?

Old July 18th 09, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is a data validation drop down list.

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Netherlands"),--(B1:B10="July"))

Better to use cells to hold the criteria.

D1 = Netherlands
E1 = July

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=D1),--(B1:B100=E1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP