Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How can I count items in a filtered list?

In both columns data must be chosen
from a drop down menu

Is that a data validation drop down list (or maybe a combo box) or is it an
Auto Filter drop down?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Antonella" wrote in message

I'm hoping that someone can help me..
I am trying to count how many export has been done for each Region for
July,
how many for August and so on.
I'll try to make myself a bit clear. For example:
My first column (A1:A100) contains 10 different Regions (Netherlands,
Italy,
Spain etc). The second column (B1:B100) contains months ( July, August,
September, October etc). I would like to know if there is formula to count
how many times Netherlands July appears in those 2 columns.
In both columns data must be chosen from a drop down menu..
Hope I made myself clear.. Can this be done ?
Thanks
Antonella

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tommy" wrote in message
do anybody know, how to use "countif" with filtered lists?

the function subtotal does not allow conditions (e.g. "name")
the function countif does it, but it count hidden cells, too

thank you for your ideas

"N Harkawat" wrote:

=subtotal(2,a1:a1000)

"Counting filtered data." <Counting filtered
wrote in message
I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be
able
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to
do
this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom