Junior Member

Unhappy Dates and times with PST,PDT

I have data in the form of dates and times that need to be sorted. I want to convert the data to general format. My problem is that I have PST (Pacific Standard Time) and PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) included in the cells. How can I get Excel to ignore the PST and PDT abbreviations in each cell and convert my data to the general format?
swatsp0p

You don't say exactly what your cell entry contains, but this might work
for you. Assuming your time values are in column A, in column B enter
this formula:

=TIMEVALUE(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-xx)) where 'xx' is the number of extraneous
characters you have after the actual time entry. e.g. if your cell
contains "10:24 pm PST" then xx would be 4. The formula would return
10:24 PM in the time format set for the cell in col B.

Good Luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101