Shinra14

Default Conditional Formating with Checkbox

Hi,
I have a checkbox sending TRUE or FALSE to a cell M4. I have another cell A4
with this formula IF(M4=TRUE,"",""). Then I have conditional formating set up
to format the cell yellow if the formula is TRUE and format the cell red if
the formula is FALSE. However, when the formula goes from true to false and
false to true it does no format changing. For example, when the formula is
first true the cell formats to yellow but when the formula goes to false it
does not. The format just stays yellow.
Any help would be great,

Thank You,
Morrigan

Do this:

A4 = IF(M4=TRUE," "," ") (one spcae for true, and 2 spaces for false)

Conditional formatting:

When cell value is equal to " " - yellow
When cell value is equal to " " - red

Hope it helps.

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094

Biff

Hi!

I have another cell A4 with this formula IF(M4=TRUE,"","").

What is the purpose of this formula?

If you want to format cell A4 based on the checkbox linked cell M4.....

Conditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula is: =$M$4=TRUE
Set color to be yellow