Mel

Default formula help - Is this possible?

I have a worksheet that calculates the new year budgets. The budgets are a
specific percentage. So far, the total budget number is coming out correct.
However, I need to disregard the sales for the misc rep. I'm not sure how to
do this without losing my sum (90,539) or possibly the %Inc (.175). Could
anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Mel

Rep Item % Inc Sales Budget (D2+(d2*C2))
1 Item X 0.175 6,703 7874
2 Item X 0.175 7,078 8315
3 Item X 0.175 7,183 8438
4 Item X 0.175 590 693
5 Item X 0.175 17,936 21070
6 Item X 0.175 6,347 7455
7 Item X 0.175 5,455 6408
8 Item X 0.175 13,268 15586
Misc Item X 0.175 12,514 14700
77,074 90,539

Bob Phillips

You've lost me. Are the numbers at the foot hard-values, or calculated by
Excel formulae?

What do you mean by lose the .175?

BTW, according to me, 6,703*1.175 is 7876 not 7874.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mel" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that calculates the new year budgets. The budgets are

specific percentage. So far, the total budget number is coming out

correct.
However, I need to disregard the sales for the misc rep. I'm not sure how

do this without losing my sum (90,539) or possibly the %Inc (.175). Could
anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Mel

Rep Item % Inc Sales Budget (D2+(d2*C2))
1 Item X 0.175 6,703 7874
2 Item X 0.175 7,078 8315
3 Item X 0.175 7,183 8438
4 Item X 0.175 590 693
5 Item X 0.175 17,936 21070
6 Item X 0.175 6,347 7455
7 Item X 0.175 5,455 6408
8 Item X 0.175 13,268 15586
Misc Item X 0.175 12,514 14700
77,074 90,539

Mel

Hi Bob,

They are both. I have two sheets I am working off of. When I did the 17.5%
increase, I needed to verify that it totaled our company total. The values
at the bottom are excel calculations and it is matched with our companys
totals. In essence I need to keep the bottom value.

Loss mean that I need to have a .175 increase.

Is my formula wrong for the % increase?

"Mel" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that calculates the new year budgets. The budgets are

specific percentage. So far, the total budget number is coming out

correct.
However, I need to disregard the sales for the misc rep. I'm not sure how

do this without losing my sum (90,539) or possibly the %Inc (.175). Could
anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Mel

Rep Item % Inc Sales Budget (D2+(d2*C2))
1 Item X 0.175 6,703 7874
2 Item X 0.175 7,078 8315
3 Item X 0.175 7,183 8438
4 Item X 0.175 590 693
5 Item X 0.175 17,936 21070
6 Item X 0.175 6,347 7455
7 Item X 0.175 5,455 6408
8 Item X 0.175 13,268 15586
Misc Item X 0.175 12,514 14700
77,074 90,539

Bob Phillips

If you want to keep the bottom values, but also want a total to exclude
misc, why not just use

=D11-D10

etc.

The formula looks correct (=(D2+(D2*C2))), although personally I would use
=D2*(1+C2), but the numbers in column E don't agree with that formula. They
seem to be calculated at 17.4xx%, all different.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mel" wrote in message
[...]

Roger Govier

Hi Mel

It sounds like the company want an increase in sales from 77,074 to 90,539
which is a 17.5% increase.
However, the contribution from Misc is to be ignored.
Since Misc contributed 12,514 the remaining reps contributed 64,56 to the
years total.
In order to get 90,539 from this year's sales, those same reps would have to
have their contribution increased by 40% rather than 17.5%
So, substitute 0.4 in your cells C2:C9 and delete cell D10
--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Mel" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that calculates the new year budgets. The budgets are a
specific percentage. So far, the total budget number is coming out
correct.
However, I need to disregard the sales for the misc rep. I'm not sure how
do this without losing my sum (90,539) or possibly the %Inc (.175). Could
anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Mel

Rep Item % Inc Sales Budget (D2+(d2*C2))
1 Item X 0.175 6,703 7874
2 Item X 0.175 7,078 8315
3 Item X 0.175 7,183 8438
4 Item X 0.175 590 693
5 Item X 0.175 17,936 21070
6 Item X 0.175 6,347 7455
7 Item X 0.175 5,455 6408
8 Item X 0.175 13,268 15586
Misc Item X 0.175 12,514 14700
77,074 90,539

Roger Govier

Give or take - it was time to go for a beer, so not worth quibbling over
<vbg

--
Regards
Roger Govier